Writing Paper Part 2. Task Type: Article
You have seen the following advertisement in a magazine:
Film Weekly Top 100 films - the viewers' choice
Write a short article about these questions and you could be published in our next issue.
- What is your favourite film of all time?
- Why should it be in the top 100?
Write your article for Film Weekly magazine. (around 140-190 words).
What you need to do to pass
Read our checklist first to understand what the examiner is looking for in a good answer.
Ideas for writing
Ask yourself the following questions to help you get started:
- What films have you seen recently? Which one was the best?
- Why did you enjoy it so much?
- Did it have a good storyline? Did you like the characters? Is the setting marvelous?
- Would the film appeal to a wide range of people?
Drafting and proofreading your work
You should look at your first draft of the task and decide:
- Have you answered the question? Is the name of the film included?
- Is the layout and organisation appropriate?
- Is the language correct with a good range of structures?
- Will the reader enjoy reading your work?
- Will it have a positive effect on the reader?
If the answer is 'no' to any of these questions then you will need to do some more drafting!