Do you need help to stay motivated with your Cambridge B2: First (FCE) exam practice?
Here’s how you can stop feeling bored. Guaranteed to help you stay on track ... right up until the big day!
Dear FCE student,
Can you imagine how good it would be if you could stay motivated throughout the whole of your B2: First or FCE exam preparation. Imagine if on the day of your exam you knew that you had taken your teacher's advice and done a little bit extra each week to build your vocabulary and grammar, to try out some practice tests and worked really hard to improve your writing skills ... does that sound too good to be true?
It doesn’t have to be if you have the right motivation. If you think about it, motivation to study is probably the most important aspect of language learning. With motivation you can push yourself to do that little bit extra you need in order to pass FCE with a good grade.
"Thank you for changing my boring habits of studying English. With this site I'm much more motivated ...."
-A.C., FCE Student, Argentina
But keeping that motivation and interest is difficult…
You've been studying English for a number of years and sometimes it can be frustrating because it feels like there's still so much to learn: phrasal verbs, conditionals, reading and writing skills, prepositions .... not to mention the exam skills you need. However, you can now get help with a learning package from Flo-Joe. It's called:
FCE EXAM SUCCESS PLUS
The extra support you need for the FCE exam is now here from the team that has been helping students just like you to achieve exam success for the last sixteen years.
"I like this website very much because it makes me understand English better and it's different from studying in FCE class at my college. Anyway, I have passed the FCE exam. I've got the result last week. I'm really happy. I shall say thank you for the Flo-Joe website here. Apart from that, I will recommend this website to my friends and my teachers."
-Keyoon Line, FCE student, Thailand
At Flo-Joe we have taken our expertise in online learning and our experience of working with exam students, and produced a managed, self-study course that comes in a convenient week-by-week programme lasting three months. Flo-Joe will help you manage your learning by publishing new, weekly activities - giving you just enough work to do to stay on track for exam success.
Here's what you'll find in FCE Exam Success Plus when you log in each week
- extra FCE Paper 1-style practice of two advanced grammar and vocabulary points
- a model answer for Flo-Joe's FCE Writing Class task *including the new Question 1 Essay question*
- a brand new FCE Practice Test for one of the parts from Paper 1 (Reading and English of Use) together with essential exam strategies
- a 25-question revision test of all the phrasal verbs, word formation and collocation exercises that were featured in Flo-Joe's FCE Word Bank that week. See our full FCE syllabus.
- and, just for fun, we have also included a joke in English
- email support for any questions you may have about the exercises in Exam Success Plus
- an invitation to join us and other students on one of our live tutorials.
Buying your subscription will give you access to the Exam Success Plus course for 13 weeks and all the material is put into an archive each week so you can do the tests over and over again.
And by the way, here are 3 things you won't find when you visit FCE Exam Success Plus
- A restriction on the number of times you can take the interactive tests: they are designed to be done over and over again.
- Complicated plug-ins or additional software that you have to download just to view the lessons: if you can view the main Flo-Joe site then you won't have problems with our special area.
- Image-heavy pages that take ages to download.
In short, we've taken all the design and learning principles that we used in the main Flo-Joe site because you've told us that that's what you like best:
"Every page and exercise is clear and easy to understand, and enjoyable."
-Margaret, FCE student, Poland
So to recap:
Which of these areas could you benefit from?
- Help to organise your learning week by week in just the way that your teacher probably recommends?
- Practice tests and strategy-training for FCE Reading and Use of English?
- Model answers to show you exactly what the examiner is looking for in FCE Writing?
- Revision tests to help you remember key words and phrases?
- Coverage of FCE-level grammar and vocabulary points to improve your language accuracy?
- Exam hints and advice from an examiner's perspective?
- Live 'question and answer' tutorials with Flo-Joe to help you stay on track. (Email your questions in if you can't make them!)
The FCE Exam Success Plus programme is divided into two Series, Series 1 and Series 2, each containing 13-week blocks of study. This gives you the option to sign up for one or both Series depending on when your exam is.
Okay, so what’s the cost?
You're probably thinking "it sounds great but surely it's going to be really expensive". Not at all. Subscription to FCE Exam Success Plus is only £24.00 in total. That's about the cost of an hour's private language tuition in most countries. The reason it's not expensive is because we want as many people as possible around the world to benefit from a course which we're really excited about. It's as simple as that.