Writing Task (go to Checklist)
Writing Paper Part 2. Task Type: Letter to an Editor
You have recently read the following magazine article:
Is it the end of the printed book as we know it?
According to internet experts, the book is dead. What they are predicting is that by 2020 90% of everything we read will be in electronic form. So the form of the book that has been around for 1300 years will become extinct...
Write a letter to the editor of 'Future Net' giving your views. (Around 220-260 words).
What you need to do to pass
Read our checklist first to understand what the examiner is
looking for in a good answer.
Ask yourself the following questions to help you get started:
- What are the advantages of having books online?
- Are there any problems you can think of?
- What are the advantages of printed books?
- What's your opinion? Are you going to agree, partly agree or disagree with the writer of the article?
and proofreading your work
You should look at your first draft of the task and decide:
- Have you answered the question?
- Is the layout and organisation appropriate?
- Is the language accurate with a good range of structures?
- Is the style appropriate and consistent?
- Will it have a positive effect on the reader?