Writing Task (go to Checklist)
Part 2. Task Type: Proposal
You work in the sales department of a large company. You have been asked to reply to this memo from the company's Personnel Officer:
Write the proposal to the Personnel Officer. (Around 220-260 words).
you need to do to pass
Read our checklist first to understand what the examiner is
looking for in a good answer.
Ask yourself the following questions to help you get started:
are the pros and cons of each suggestion?
- Think of the following points: cost of each suggestion, and the number of people who would benefit. Which suggestion would be the most effective?
other ideas will motivate staff in your opinion? Choose one.
and proofreading your work
You should look at your first draft of the task and decide:
- Have you answered the question?
- Is the layout and organisation appropriate?
- Is the language accurate with a good range of structures?
- Is the style appropriate and consistent?
- Will it have a positive effect on the reader?
If the answer is 'no' to any of these questions then you will need to do some more drafting!