Writing Task (go to Checklist)
Writing Paper Part 2. Task Type: Leaflet
You have recently finished an investigation into the causes and effects of stress in the company where you work, and you have been asked to produce a leaflet called 'Coping with Stress' for all the employees in the company based on the following questions:
Write the text for your leaflet. (Around 220-260 words).
you need to do to pass
Read our checklist first to understand what the examiner is
looking for in a good answer.
Ideas for writing
Ask yourself the following questions to help you get started:
a list of the likely causes of stress in your company. (If you are not working
in a company then use your imagination!)
- fear of redundancy
- coping with new technology
- poor relationships with colleagues/bosses
is the likely impact of stress?
For the company
- people taking time off work through illness
- staff are less productive
For the individual employee
- ill health and poor morale
methods for coping with stress are you going to advocate?
Asking for more training/support if job is too difficult
Exercise - give examples of ones that could be done in the working day e.g. a walk at lunchtime
Relaxation techniques - e.g. breathing exercises
You could end the leaflet by giving a list of useful contact names/numbers for more advice. Invent some details.
and proofreading your work
- Have you answered the question?
- Is the layout and organisation appropriate?
- Is the language accurate with a good range of structures?
- Is the style appropriate and consistent?
- Will it have a positive effect on the reader?
If the answer is 'no' to any of these questions then you will need to do some more drafting!