Part 4: 'Key' Word Transformation (Verb Patterns) (Answers)
You knowledge of verb patterns such as gerund and infinitive is frequently tested.
For Questions 1-8, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words.
2. I think it would be a good idea if
you joined the beginner's class.
3. Meeting John in town was really surprising.
4. In the future she became a successful business woman.
5. I'll help you with your homework.
6. I hated driving on the left
at first but now it's OK.
bother to apply for the job.
Were you successful in passing the exam?
|© COPYRIGHT Flo-Joe 2008. All rights reserved.|