Part 1: Open Cloze (Prepositional phrases and phrasal verbs )
Fill in the gaps in each sentence with a suitable
particle or preposition.
2. Marco had severe misgivings ........ taking the June exam as he felt he just wasn’t ready.
3. People who eat an unhealthy diet are susceptible ........ all kinds of illnesses and diseases.
4. My cousin talked ........ length about his recent holiday and bored everyone to death!
5. When Rose was unfaithful to Joshua she threw herself ........ his mercy and asked him to forgive her.
6. When I was younger I wanted to be an air pilot but I soon went ........ the idea when I realised I hated flying.
7. The government’s plans to reduce crime came ........ for a lot of criticism from freedom groups.
8. Anna: This problem’s driving me crazy!
|© COPYRIGHT Flo-Joe 2003. All rights reserved.|